Tea tree oil burned my skin!

Did tea tree oil burn your skin? First thing is to avoid panicking, and second thing is to follow the advice I'm going to share with you today.

Well, I've had the same happening to me six years ago, I was trying tea tree oil for the first time and I've heard so many good things about it and the fact that it was excellent for skin care and especially if you are suffering from skin rash and other skin problems like acne, so, I thought to myself that I should try it, and I massaged my arms with half a teaspoon!!!

Well, it was one of the worst things I ever did to my skin, and two hours later, I started to feel a burning sensation all over arms and soon, I was crying from pain!

I'm sure that you are probably going through something similar as well, however, I don't want you to lose control, the solution is very easy, however, you will feel some pain during the first hours, but everything will go back to normal again soon.

  • The first thing to do is to apply water or ice directly onto your burned skin.


Tea tree oil literally burned your skin, it damaged your hair follicles, sebaceous glands, and healthy skin cells, not to high degrees, but they are damage nevertheless, and this can be considered as a chemical burn!

So, the first thing to do is to apply ice onto your skin and avoid adding other oils and other products, stay away from alcohol, and if you don't have ice or cold water where you are, just put your skin under running water for ten minutes.

  • Next thing to do is to take an aspirin.


Because tea tree oil is going to increase burning sensations and cause pain in your skin, you should probably take a powerful anti-inflammatory compound to soothe any discomfort, like salicylic acid, which is found in aspirin pill.

Take some, it will reduce the pain and swelling dramatically.

Now, here is what you need to do:

You should apply argan oil or olive oil, just some few drops to your affected area, this will play a very soothing effect on your skin, and if you have coconut oil or coconut butter, it will be much more beneficial and your skin inflammations are going to reduce dramatically and very quickly as well.

  • After five hours of doing this, I want you to use this one very important technique: apply green tea on your skin.


As you may already know, green tea is a very powerful anti-inflammatory beverage, however, I don't want you to apply the liquid on your burned skin, I want you to apply leftover green tea leaves.

You can open a green tea bag and mix the leaves with warm water, let everything cool down and then apply onto your skin while massaging very gently and delicately as well.

This is everything you need to do, and next time, don't forget to mix tea tree oil with a carrier oil using the following ratio: 1 to 5!

I know that this is going to sound like a lot, for example, for every drop of tea tree oil, you should use five drops of a carrier oil, be it olive oil, coconut oil, or argan oil, however, this is an essential step in order to ensure that tea tree oil will not burn your skin and will not cause you further damages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using rosehip oil on your face

Can you eat multani mitti?