Does bio oil help with rosacea?

Does bio-oil help with rosacea? This is what I'm going to answer in this post.

Today, I'm going to talk about a very important subject, rosacea, and most importantly, its relation with bio oil, whether it helps it or not!

And the short answer is no, bio oil cannot be trusted when it comes to rosacea!

I know that what I'm going to say here is going to bring me lots of trouble, sometimes, even legal trouble because bio oil is a brand name and I think a lot of powerful people are behind it as it is a bestseller when it comes to skin care, but I don't really care, I'm going to give you my two cents opinion anyway!

Indeed, I don't trust bio oil; in fact, I have never felt good about it!

The name first of all, it says bio, when you look at the ingredients however, you will find that they are merely petroleum-based, there is nothing natural about this product, and even worse, it is heavily advertised and its marketing is extremely powerful, and most of the time, when I notice this about a brand, I'm scared, I will not use it because I know that most guys who make natural products, including my friends, don't have the means to advertise their "peppermint oil" or "olive oil creams" with this aggressiveness!

They only rely on their products' amazing properties to sell themselves, however, when it comes to bio oil, their marketing campaigns are very powerful and they nearly advertise in every media!

So, does this oil really help with rosacea?

The short answer is no, even if you rely on the studies and articles provided by the brand, they don't really help determine whether it is an oil to be trusted or not, the only thing I know is that if it was really a good quality oil, it wouldn't be made out of petroleum products and mineral oils!

The next thing you need to understand is that most oils and homemade treatments will not help with rosacea, in fact, you should stay away from homemade treatments when it comes to this very difficult skin problem.

In reality, most scientists, to this day, don't know about rosacea a lot, they don't even know why it happens and how to get rid of it, let alone some unknown guys finding a definite solution and treatment!

The only known treatment to lower the symptoms and manage them healthy are antibiotics, most importantly, doxycycline and tetracycline, taken orally. Other than this, I will be simply lying to you.

It's true, you can use some natural oils and some natural ingredients like aloe vera in order to lower inflammations a little and moisturize your skin, but to truly help with the main symptoms, you have to start using antibiotics, those I've just mentioned, in fact, before doing anything, you should consult a dermatologist, because he or she alone can help you determine the best antibiotics and the best treatments to follow in order to lower your rosacea symptoms quickly and healthily.

To know more about bio-oil and why I don't like it, you can read this post:

http://www.hebebotanicals.co.nz/bio-oil-more-snake-oil-than-duck-oil/

Comments

  1. Here again a self proclaimed expert with half the facts making claims like they know what their talking about. You are right about it being your two cents worth and to day people don't bother to stop to pick up a penny.
    Flax oil does help with rosacea as long as there is no additives in it except vitamin e. Yes a lot of oils on the market have petroleum products in them. But not all. If you are looking for one that doesn't check out omega3skin.com . The face serum is already healing rosacea acne and closing wrinkles. Removing puffy and dark skin around the eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can you eat multani mitti?

Using rosehip oil on your face