Emu oil for rosacea?

Can you use emu oil for rosacea? Well, I don't think so, and to tell you the truth, I think that this is very bad and it can be very damaging to your health and your skin condition, in many ways!

Let me explain my point of view first:

Emu oil has been linked to a lot of fraudulent activities, from lying about its properties to unscrupulous sellers and producers selling ordinary vegetable oil as emu oil and telling people that it is the real deal!

To tell you the truth, I don't trust emu oil, and I don't think it will help you when it comes to rosacea!

For the following reasons:

The first one is that emu oil is not well studied!

To this day, only two studies on humans have been performed, the first one is about using emu oil as moisturizer, and it's still ongoing, so, no concluding results have been reached yet, and the second one is about using emu oil as insect repellent!

In both cases, this is not going to help your rosacea and is only going to waste your money and time! Even worse, you can be harming yourself by trusting a product which is highly counterfeited and abused!

And this is the second reason why I don't like using emu oil!

It's because I don't know what I'm using!

You have to understand that emu oil varies in texture, from creamy to even very liquid, and in quality as well, sometimes, you can find emu oil very rich in omega9s fatty acids, and in other times, it can be very rich in polyunsaturated fats!

It also varies a lot in color, so, you can’t trust this as well, and no one should tell you that emu oil will look a certain color, sometimes, it can have a yellowish color, while other times, it can have a creamy whitish color!

I'm not a fan of emu oil, I have to tell you this, and I get really scared when I am asked by people to review it because I don't know most of the time whether I'm using the real deal or not!

However, even if you are using quality emu oil, especially for rosacea, you are still going to get the same results as when using olive oil for example because, according to Wikipedia, its composition is very similar:

Lots of monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid, 20% omega-6 fatty acid, and 1-2% omega-3 fatty acid!

So, if you think that emu oil is going to add something to your rosacea treatment, then I'm going to tell you the truth: it won't, it's like using olive oil or even almond oil, you should stick to the known essential oils that work with rosacea, like argan and rosemary oil, and forget about emu oil, it's a waste of time in my opinion.

Please, if you have a question about using emu oil for rosacea, don't hesitate to post it in the section below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can you eat multani mitti?

Using rosehip oil on your face