Alcohol and rosacea

In this post, I would like to talk about a very important subject, whether you should drink alcohol when you are suffering from rosacea or not!

And the most important information you need to get from this post is the following: NO!

You have to stay away from alcohol because it will increase rosacea symptoms!

I'm not going to talk about hundreds of articles in renowned websites and health journals talking about the effects of alcohol on our skin and overall health, we all know that it's dangerous, no, I'm going to talk about what my friend has gone through!

I've talked about my friend’s rosacea situation in many of my previous posts, and if you need to know more about what she did in order to get rid of it, you can check my previous articles.

In short, my friend, one day, found a reddish spot on her face; she ignored it for a week, only to discover that it started to develop lots of pimples, resembling acne!

Soon, after trying many treatments, she could not get rid of it, when she consulted her doctor, he told her that it was rosacea and that she needed to have antibiotic shots and oral treatments, she did, and she only reduced her patches slightly, when she told me about it, we started researching the subject more, and soon we found a link between alcohol consumption and rosacea, and yes, when my friend stopped drinking alcohol altogether, her symptoms simply vanished!

Unfortunately, according to her doctor, my friend is still suffering from rosacea, and as he told her, it's an incurable skin condition, meaning that she will always carry it, however, because she follows a good and healthy lifestyle and she takes good care of her health by following her doctor's prescription, her symptoms nearly vanished and if you look at her, you will never tell that she is suffering from rosacea.

This is everything I would like to talk about today, it's the fact that alcohol is going to increase rosacea symptoms and even counteract the effects of certain drugs that are very efficient against its symptoms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can you eat multani mitti?

Using rosehip oil on your face