Does petroleum jelly clog pores?

Does petroleum jelly clog pores? The answer is definitely yes, petroleum jelly is a powerful comedogenic substance, in other words, it's going to clog your pores while also increasing sebum production in your sebaceous glands.

Sebum production, in excess, is responsible for most acne cases, and personally, I've stopped using petroleum jelly on my skin for a very long time as it wasn't helping me a lot, and there are much better skin oils and natural ingredients you can use that are not only very healthy, but are organic, extremely safe and healing.

So, do I recommend you use petroleum jelly?

Absolutely not, I think that you should avoid it as much as possible since it contains petroleum based chemicals that may be harmful for your skin and your overall health.

In fact, we don't know for sure now whether petroleum jelly is safe for us or not, what I know is that it doesn't give amazing results compared to other natural oils you can use for your skin.

This is reason why I don't recommend using petroleum jelly on a daily or even weekly basis.

However, if you are looking for an alternative, I highly recommend that you use coconut oil instead, although it can clog your pores a little as well, it's fantastic, and if you apply a good face wash just once every week, you will not only unclog your pores, but you will increase your skin's health and strength dramatically, which is far superior in the results when compared to petroleum jelly.

So, if you have a question about petroleum jelly clogging your pores, don't hesitate to post it in the section below, I will be more than happy to help you out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can you eat multani mitti?

Using rosehip oil on your face