How to keep your skin healthy

How to keep your skin healthy? If you would like to know the answer, then, you need to read this post, it's going to give you the necessary steps you need to take in order to not only make your skin very healthy, but to keep it that way for a very long time.

  • Well, to keep your skin healthy, you should have healthy rituals!


This is the thing I have learned from a dear friend of mine, she used to always tell me that we are creatures of habits, we cannot achieve success and amazing health in our life if we don't have healthy habits, and I think she is correct. So, let me share with you the most important and healthiest habits to have and keep your skin healthy.

  • The first one is to avoid showering often.


When I was in my twenties, I used to take showers every single day, sometimes, I would take showers twice a day, in the morning and before going to bed!

I thought that I was doing a favor to my body; however, after some few years of doing this, I started developing rash all over my skin!

I consulted numerous doctors and dermatologists who all confirmed that I had an allergy to "something" they didn't know what it was!

However, when I met my husband and he saw my red patches all over my neck and some in my face, which I really tried to cover using makeup as much as possible, he looked at me, smiled, and asked me the following question:

"Do you take showers every day?"

I looked at him, and I told him yes, I did!

To this, he replied me that it was a very bad habit for our skin and our health as well; in fact, taking showers every day is destroying our healthy hair and healthy skin!

I was perplexed, I didn't understand what to say, so, I asked him for more explanation, and he told me that we have tiny bacteria, germs and funguses on top of our skin, they are essential, they play a very important role to our skin’s and hair's health.

You see, your skin changes itself all the time, skin cells die and are replaced.

Well, the bacteria you have on top of your skin are going to munch on dead skin cells, and they will produce toxins and chemicals that are going to stop other harmful bacteria from proliferating in your skin, these toxins are good for us because they prevent our skin from being damaged by funguses and bacteria that are harmful to us!

However, by having showers on a daily basis and using toxic chemicals in shampoos and shower gels, we simply damage these healthy bacteria and funguses, even worse; we give bad bacteria the opportunity to proliferate!

Trust me, bad bacteria know what they are doing, at first, when you apply shampoos and shower gels, you get rid of a lot of them, but soon, they will develop resistance and start munching on your skin!

Soon, you will find yourself with lots of inflammations and lots of terrible skin problems.

This doesn't mean that you should avoid showers and live like a caveman/woman!

No, you should take showers, but once or twice a week is more than enough.

  • The second habit is to consume whole wheat and whole grain products.


If you would like to really improve your skin’s health and keep it strong and energetic, then, you need to start consuming more whole wheat and whole grain products, they are essential because they will simply allow your body to flush away toxins on a daily basis.

Indeed, whole wheat products and whole grains in general contain lots of fibers, these will allow your body to get rid of most of the toxins in it.

These toxins, if left in your body, are going to damage your skin and also your whole system, so, eat whole wheat and whole grain products, they are extremely vital for your skin.

  • The third habit is to drink lots of water.


I'm sure that you know that an elastic skin is very durable and also extremely resistant to diseases?

Well, if you would like your skin to be truly elastic and healthy, you have to drink lots of water, in general, if you don't drink enough, your skin is going to deteriorate and lose its vitality and resistance very quickly.

So, do as I do: drink three liters a day of water, it's the minimum.

  • And the fourth habit is to enjoy nuts.


Nuts, beans and legumes provide your body with essential nutrients. But, when it comes to nuts, they give your body essential omega-3 fatty acids and also lots of minerals and lots of proteins that are going to help it not only be healthy, but preserve and keep your skin extremely strong and durable.

You should eat at least one handful a day of walnuts or almonds. In my opinion, they are the best to maintain and have a healthy skin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can you eat multani mitti?

Using rosehip oil on your face